Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- You don’t have to sacrifice having a clean, tidy home when you go green — you just need to know what kinds of products are getter for the environment.
- Aside from using eco-friendly cleaning chemicals, rinvesting in reusable products like this laundry egg and these microfiber cloths is one affordable and sustainable solution to our over-reliance on wasteful products like dryer sheets and paper towels.
- Below, you’ll find 15 of the best reusable cleaning products to add to your home essentials list.
Caring about the environment and caring about a clean home don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Though most of the cleaning products and tools sold on the shelf are disposable, a striking amount of them are actually reusable — which is good for the environment and your wallet.
When the movement toward "green cleaning" began, there were very few products that approached the benchmark of being both high-quality and good for the Earth at the same time. Yes, there was the ol’ kitchen mop and the bacteria-infested sink rag, but more often than not, reusable meant repulsive.
Today, it’s hard to keep up with the number of items on the market that are working to provide a sustainable way to take care of your home, from eco-friendly chemicals to reusable dryer sheets. There are tons of ways you can do your part to take care of the environment without going out of your way or sacrificing the quality of the products you’ve used in the past.
Below, you’ll find 15 reusable products that work well and are good for the environment (a win-win, if you ask me).
Smart138 Reusable Dish Scrubber
This towel, made from natural materials, can be used to scrub anything from stubborn food caked onto dishes to sticky messes on countertops. Buyers claim that this towel has become their favorite cleaning tool because it’s durable, dries fast, and doesn’t hold bacteria like most sponges.
Smart Sheep Wool Dryer Balls
These dryer balls might look a little odd, but with nearly 16,000 reviews and an average of 4.5 stars on Amazon, it’s clear that their outward appearance isn’t interfering with their popularity. The Smart Sheep Dryer Balls are made from 100% premium New Zealand wool and offer the same benefits of disposable dryer sheets (like decreased static), but without the waste. They can be infused with essential oils, and they can aid in quicker drying times by creating air pockets between clothes.
Phaewo Silicone Dishwashing Gloves
Often times, sponges and brushes are difficult to use when trying to get into small crevices of dishes and silverware. With bristles on both sides and anti-slip grips on each finger, you can easily clean your bowls and plates without worrying that they’ll slip out of your hands. Silicone is also more ocean-friendly than traditional plastic, and it’s BPA-free, too.
- 5 time-saving services that take care of everyday tasks so you can get some hours back in your day
- The best shower curtain hooks you can buy
- 25 kitchen organization products from Amazon that are nearly all under $30