AP Photo/Chris Pizzello
- Some of the athletes in the world have also taken turns in movies and television.
- These athletes-turned-actors often play an amplified version of themselves, but will also occasionally take on an entirely new role.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Superstar athletes are used to putting on a show.
Whether it’s a dazzling highlight on the court or in a boxing ring or a thoughtful post-game interview, the best athletes in the world are used to being able to perform on cue.
Some athletes are able to take this particular talent and parlay it into a career in acting, whether playing a version of themselves on screen or taking on an entirely new persona.
Below are 15 athletes who were able to transition into film and television roles successfully.
LeBron James is undeniably the biggest star in basketball, winning three NBA championships with the Heat and Cavaliers before joining the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2018 offseason.
James has impressed in numerous acting performances, playing a hilarious version of himself in "Trainwreck" as well as hosting "Saturday Night Live."
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar won six NBA titles during his incredible 20 years in the league.
AP Photo/Lennox McLendon
- What a $100 seat looks like at different sporting events
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The players from LeBron James’ legendary 2003 NBA Draft
- Lonzo Ball opened up about the fallout with Big Baller Brand co-founder Alan Foster and said money started to disappear around the time his mom got sick