- For college students looking for a career path, Glassdoor has a list of six-figure jobs that will have plenty of openings in the future.
- These jobs also allow employees to grow within the role.
- Physician assistants, for instance, have 10,000 career openings on Glassdoor, and also make more than $100,000 a year.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re heading to college soon and still have no idea what to major in, a good place to start could be looking at high-paying jobs that are hiring right now.
Some of the most in-demand jobs in the US include dentists and accountants, according to a new report from job-listing site Glassdoor. The company released its annual list of the jobs with the best career opportunities, or those that are actively hiring and allow employees to grow within the role.
Since many of the fastest-growing jobs are actually low-paying, Glassdoor dug through the data to also find careers that offer salaries as high as six-figures. Physician assistants, for instance, have 10,000 career openings on Glassdoor, and also make more than $100,000 a year.
Here is the full list of 13 high-paying jobs that are in-demand and offer growth opportunities.
25. Software development engineers earn a median base salary of $117,250.
Stephen Brashear/Getty Images
Job openings on Glassdoor: 9,659
O*NET descriptions: Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications.
23. Solutions architects earn a median base salary of $130,595.
Job openings on Glassdoor: 7,850
O*NET description: Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
20. Product managers earn a median base salary of $117,113.
Job openings on Glassdoor: 12,865
O*NET description: Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers.
- 31 teachers across the US reveal their exact salary, and how much of it goes to paying for school supplies like chalk and pencils
- 21 high-paying careers for people who want to save the planet — and also have job security
- We asked pro résumé coaches to name one thing they wish everyone knew