Events are more fun when they’re free. There’s probably a study to back that up somewhere. Smithsonian Magazine’s annual Museum Day – September 21 this year- draws throngs of curious folks hoping to make the rounds of some of Los Angeles’ world class museums completely free, a boon if there ever was one.
You choose a museum from the list below, grab a ticket online here, and voila, you get complimentary admission for you and a guest. Note that you only get two tickets per email address, so fire up those burner accounts if you’ve got a big group. This is a very popular event, and museum hours vary, so if you want to catch em all – or even most – it’ll take some planning. Here are some of your options for L.A. County residents:
- La Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- Japanese American National Museum
- GRAMMY Museum
- California African American Museum
- Autry Museum of the American West
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- The Wende Museum
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum at California State University, Long Beach
- The International Printing Museum
- Los Angeles Maritime Museum
Keep in mind the free admission promo expands beyond just L.A. County, with 87 museums and cultural institutions in California participating in the day of freebie fun..
To search for additional museums who are offering free admission on September 21, you can use this search tool on the Smithsonian Magazine Website.
The post 10+ L.A. County Museums Will Be Free For Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day on September 21 appeared first on .
Source: – Jonathan Tolliver