You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, May 29, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
2. [4 & 7:30 p.m.] Native Voices 25th Annual Festival of New Plays happening at The Autry May 29-30 highlights native playwrights through public staged readings.
3. [5 p.m.] The Edison presents an Evening of Salsa with guest band Son Mayor. Dance instructor Charlene Rose will give free salsa lesson at 8 p.m. and the band plays at 9 p.m. There’s a $5 cover at the door.
4. [6 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Long Beach happening May 29-30 will allow the public to experience taste sized bites from local restaurants and enjoy live music and family friendly activities. Admission is free and tasting tickets cost $1 each.
6. [7 p.m.] The Dresden’s 65th anniversary celebration.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer hosts the spring edition of Flux, a celebration of short films and music videos from around the globe. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Hershey Felder returns to the Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts with Hershey Felder: A Paris Love Story. Playwright and performer, Hershey Felder will take audiences on a journey into the life and music of Impressionist composer Claude Debussy. The show runs May 24 through June 9. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] Scripts Gone Wild Presents CONGO at El Cid.
10. [various] Non-profit The Cat Cafe has a new popup kitchen lounge called Tiny Beans, where guests can interact with adoptable kittens for a fee. The sad fact is that many shelters do not have the capacity to care for kittens and that can result in euthanizing them. Tiny Beans aims to spread the word to help save as many kittens as possible all summer long.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for May 29, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff