You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 10, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] POP SK8 brings a pop-up outdoor roller-skating rink to the Westfield Valencia now through May 27.
2. [5 p.m.] L.A. Times Food Bowl Night Market comes to Grand Park May 8 – 12 for an outdoor celebration of Los Angeles’ deliciously diverse food scene. Each of the five nights feature a specific theme, an array of food vendors, pop-ups, chef collaborations, art installations and live music all in one space. Friday’s theme is Fried Chicken Party.
3. [6 p.m.] Los Angeles County Museum of Art hosts free jazz performances on Fridays through November. Concerts take place at the main entrance. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles brings back their Summer of Salsa concert series this Friday. Dance to the sounds of some of the city’s best salsa and Cuban bands one Friday evening each month through summer. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] One Friday a month, Cal Tech opens their doors to provide a free 30 minute public lecture followed by a 90-minute stargazing session featuring a Q&A panel with world-class scientists. This month’s theme will be A Star is Born, with lecture by Mike Grudic. No reservations are necessary, but stargazing is weather dependent. Lecture starts at 8 p.m. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Yann Tiersen, the composer famous for the music in the french film Amélie, will embark on a North American tour that kicks off at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles this Friday.
7. [midnight] There’s a midnight screening of Office Space at The Vista in celebration of their 20th anniversary. Guests are encouraged to dress up as their favorite characters.
8. [various] The Pacific Dining Car will celebrates their anniversary with a baseball steak at a throwback price of just 98 cents. The price signifies how many years the 1920’s railway train car restaurant has been in business. The promo is only redeemable if you sign up to reserve the steak and make a reservation to come in.
9. [various] This week is Pasadena Restaurant Week (May 6-10). Diners can expect dozens of restaurants in participation offering special prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus.
10. [various] f Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop-up experience runs April 4 through June 16 Thursday through Sunday.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for May 10, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff