You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] CRYSTALLINE: Brazil’s Crystal Giants is the latest exhibition at Rhythm Visuals Gallery in DTLA. The exhibit showcases a bevy of Brazil’s biggest gems, including a 2000-pound Amethyst Violet Throne you can actually sit on. The gallery is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. [5 p.m.] Taking place every third Thursday of the summer months, The El Segundo Art Walk is a self-guided exploration featuring more than 35 artists in 30+ venues in downtown El Segundo. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry happens every Thursday. Enjoy live music, dance lessons with an instructor, access to museum galleries, and a separate children’s dance floor, plus tacos, margaritas, and other light refreshments (available for purchase.) Sizzling Nights continue weekly through August 22.
4. [6:30 p.m.] The Skirball Cultural Center welcomes it’s twenty-third annual season of Sunset Concerts with singer-songwriter Gaby Moreno kicking off the series on Thursday. The evening begins with a DJ set by Mamabear of dublab. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights series stops by the Hammer Museum with a performance by Wild Belle plus KCRW DJs Scott Dallavo and Aaron Byrd. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Head to Chinese American Museum after-hours for a look at the immersive Lightscapes exhibition plus a variety of food, music, art-making, calligraphy demonstration, and raffle prize giveaways. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with a free performance of Twelfth Night Wednesday through Sunday. FREE
8. [dusk] Black Panther screens as part of Outdoor Movie Nights at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza. FREE
9. [various] Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival returns on July 18 – 28 for eleven days of world-class films, panels, and parties. More than 150 feature and short films will be screened.
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $12.50 tix to the upcoming LA County Fair
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for July 18, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff