You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Beverly Hills Farmers Market is hosting a Picklefest, featuring a variety of pickled fruits and vegetables this Sunday. This event is free to attend.
2. [11 a.m.] Head to Walt Disney’s Carolwood Barn for the final First Sundays of 2019 where the barn opens up to the public for the day. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The 21st Annual TASTE OF ECUADOR Food Festival comes to Placita Olvera for a full experience of Ecuadorian cuisine and culture featuring crafts, musical groups, folklore customs, carnival games and more. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] Smorgasburg LA’s 3rd Annual Ice Cream Alley returns bigger and better than ever with awesome scoop vendors, one-of-a-kind collaborations, plus its own dedicated beer garden with extended hours until 6 p.m. Happening every Sunday through September 1.
5. [11 a.m.] Midsummer Scream, the world’s largest Halloween and horror convention returns to Long Beach with over 350 vendors for all your horror needs plus panels and special presentations from Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights, Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor, Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group’s Urban Death plus numerous live entertainment experiences.
6. [noon] Angel City Brewery presents their 7th Annual Avocado Fest August 3-4 celebrating four different kinds of avocado ale with avocado food, live music, and fun games.
7. [3 p.m.] Mount Wilson Observatory launches its third season of Concert in the Dome, featuring musical performances in a historic 100-inch telescope dome. There will be two shows this Sunday: one at 3 p.m. and the other at 5 p.m. A reception for the artists will follow each performance.
8. [5 p.m.] Escape the summer heat during Jazz on the Lawn, a series of free summer concerts at Santa Monica’s Gandara Park every Sunday in August. In addition to live music there will be free dance lessons, food trucks and picnic games. FREE
9. [various] The first-ever Museum of Weed opens to the public this weekend. This brand new, 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ features features interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts that tell of the story of marijuana, specifically focusing on the political and social turmoil surrounding its use.
10. [various] Think Tank Gallery is teaming up with Pizzaboyzzz and Future Fantasy Delight to present Nothing Cheezy a pizza-fueled, self-aware, selfie-themed pop-up thats a little bit satire and is intentionally too encompassing to be captured in a picture, thus forcing viewers to live inside the art. This is a ticketed experience that takes guests through the “craziest kitchen you’ve ever seen” and thirteen themed environments plus pizza of course. Open Thursday through Sunday.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for August 4, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff