You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Instantaneous Pet Service and Pan Pacific Park will host a summer Sunday Doggie Yoga Series highlighting pet fitness. Grab your fur baby, a mat, and water for a one hour yoga session. Coffee and snacks will be provided by Le Pain Quotidien. This is a donation based event.
2. [9 a.m.] CicLAvia presents Meet the Hollywoods, an event where West Hollywood, Hollywood, and East Hollywood will be turned into a public recreational space for the day. Attendees can walk, bike, roll, or stroll though some of LA’s most iconic streets from the Hollywood Walk to Fame to West Hollywood’s rainbow crosswalk. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] 826LA@Hammer: Little Chicken Explorers: A Picture Book Workshop. The program is recommended for ages 7 to 14. FREE
4. [noon] Poolside is a new immersive abstract painting show at Rhythm Visuals gallery in Downtown L.A. The exhibition features multiple rooms and visual experiences, including one where guests throw water balloons at a white wall to reveal a hidden painting. The exhibit is open Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m. through September 5. FREE
5. [noon] Head down to Roxanne’s Cocktail Lounge in Long Beach for a Tiki Swapmeet and social featuring live music, food, rare rums, tiki cocktails and tiki vendors from across SoCal.
6. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival will open to the public on August 15 at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6. There will be 10 different interactive spaces over the course of a whole 40 minutes for each guests to enjoy. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] 6AM spins tunes at Grand Park’s Sunday Sessions, a free outdoor dance party on the park’s Performance Lawn. FREE
8. [3 p.m.] YOLA DÍA is a female-focused festival highlighting women in all industries. Music performances include Lykke Li and Cat Power. The marketplace will feature food and goods from women-owned businesses. The festival takes place at LA Historic Park. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] The world’s largest Korean culture convention KCON stops in Los Angeles from August 15-18 for a celebration of music, workshops, meet-and-greets, and more, plus two nights of concerts at Staples Center.
10. [various] Echo Park Rising returns for its ninth year to celebrate music, creativity, diversity, and small businesses of Echo Park. The music festival will feature multiple live music stages and activities such as free tours of the historic Jensens Rec Center, a Echo Park Lake history & nature walk, special happy hour menus at surrounding restaurants, discounts at local storefronts and much more. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Grab $40 tickets to the Skyspace Wine Release Party that include admission to Skyspace, a ride on the Skyslide Ride, tastings of all 3 wines, 1 glass of Skyspace Wine and unlimited tray passed apps.
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for August 18, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff