You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, August 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The first-ever Museum of Weed is now open in Los Angeles. This 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday. Admission starts at $35.
2. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival will open to the public on August 15 at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6. There will be 10 different interactive spaces over the course of a whole 40 minutes for each guests to enjoy. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Summer Nights at the Tar Pits returns for an evening party featuring DJs, cocktails, museum exploration, discussions and more. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] The Los Angeles Zoo’s annual after-hours music series, Roaring Nights, is back for summer 2019. Come experience a party atmosphere featuring DJs, bands, a Silent Disco combined with animal talks and feedings plus a number of food trucks. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] Ensemble Shakespeare Theater returns to Descanso Gardens Friday and Saturday for an immersive theater production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream that will have guests weaving through the Gardens to follow the magical and adventure filled production.
6. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea presents Henry V at
Point Fermin Park in San Pedro. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The Hollywood Bowl will host Jurassic Park in Concert live to picture this Friday and Saturday.
8. [8 p.m.] On Friday, The Bob Baker Marionette Theater will debut a grand organ installation. Following the organ show, guests will enjoy the theater’s first show to run in their new home at the historic York Theater in Highland Park.
9. [various] The world’s largest Korean culture convention KCON stops in Los Angeles from August 15-18 for a celebration of music, workshops, meet-and-greets, and more, plus two nights of concerts at Staples Center.
10. [various] Echo Park Rising returns for its ninth year to celebrate music, creativity, diversity, and small businesses of Echo Park. The music festival will feature multiple live music stages and activities such as free tours of the historic Jensens Rec Center, a Echo Park Lake history & nature walk, special happy hour menus at surrounding restaurants, discounts at local storefronts and much more. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for August 16, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff