You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Grand Park, The Music Center: Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles, and the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power have joined forces in hosting Earth Day L.A. 2019. Highlights include live performances, children’s recycle art project, e-waste collection, drought tolerant plant tours, plant giveaways and demonstrations of the newest additions in green technology. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] The Taste of the Valley, San Fernando’s largest wine tasting and food festival returns this Thursday with over 120 wineries, 45 restaurants and more.
3. [6 p.m.] LA Art Book Fair takes over The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA April 11-14 providing artists a platform to display their books, art catalogs, zines, and more. The event is free and open to the public from April 12-14. Opening night takes place on April 11 where tickets cost $20 and comes with a limited edition work by artist Jeffrey Cheung of Unity Press and a special musical performance.
4. [6 p.m.] The Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts, art galleries and locals together every second Thursday of each month for a night of exploration.
5. [6 p.m.] Universal Studios Hollywood hosts a Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle Premiere Night April 11 – 12. Festivities begin with a walk down the red-carpet with plenty of photo-ops, followed by a catered diner. The main spectacle lies in the Hogwarts Castle, which will be covered with sinister curses and frightening creatures featuring the Dark Arts, a brand-new, striking presentation of light and music.
6. [6 p.m.] Month of Photography Los Angeles presents the 6th annual Analogue Portrait Project taking place at House of Lucie located at ROW DTLA. The exhibition is a submission-based competition featuring emerging and established photographers using film, not digital cameras. Artist’s reception will take place from 6 – 9 p.m. FREE
7. [various] I want to live in your mouth is a a new, immersive horror experience at Zombie Joe’s Underground theater in North Hollywood, specifically designed for an audience of one (if you’re daring enough!). Performances run Thursday to Sunday through May 5.
8. [various] If Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop up experience runs April 4 through June 16 Thursday through
9. [various] Eataly presents Thursdays with Chef Michael Cimarusti where guests can enjoy a special seafood dinner prepared be their eyes by two-Michelin-star chef Michael Cimarusti at Il Pesce Cucina.
10. [various.] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for April 11, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff