- Starbucks bested McDonald’s in location count in 2019 — though both fell short of Subway.
- There are more Subway locations in America than McDonald’s and Burger Kings combined.
- Read on to find out more about the 10 largest chains in the US by the number of locations.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There are more Subway locations in America than McDonald’s and Burger Kings combined.
Nation’s Restaurant News recently released its annual Top 200 list, breaking down the biggest names in the business by sales, store count, and more.
While McDonald’s reigns supreme in sales and Chick-fil-A is climbing the charts, when it comes to sheer size by location count, some different chains come out on top. In 2019, Starbucks bested McDonald’s in terms of the number of locations — though, both fell short of Subway.
Here are the 10 largest chains in the US by the number of locations:
10. Circle K
Total US locations: 5,852
Total US locations: 5,876
8. Taco Bell
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Total US locations: 6,588
- RANKED: 11 fast-food chains with the best customer service in America
- The 30 highest-paid CEOs in retail
- A baffling ad that follows a man from the moment of his birth is suddenly going viral 3 years later — and you’ll never guess what it’s for