RANDI LYNN BEACH / AP Images
- Sometimes it’s hard to picture what business leaders were like before they became successful.
- We dug up old photos of famous business executives, to give a taste of who they once were.
- Tesla founder Elon Musk once chose to live off a dollar a day, just eating hot dogs and oranges, to see if he could stomach life as an entrepreneur. Twitter boss Jack Dorsey was obsessed with emergency service vehicle dispatch as a kid meanwhile.
- Scroll down to read early stories of these famous business executives.
Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO
Young Jeff Bezos
Screenshot / Bio
When Jeff Bezos was 16 years old in 1980, he got a summer job frying up burgers at McDonald’s.
The experience was Bezos’ first hands-on brush with retail, according to Wired, and he spent the summer "studying the company’s automation improvements," like beeps and signals for when to "scramble his eggs, flip his burgers, and pull his fries out of the boiling vat."
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO
- Wall Street loves these 11 stocks right now
- Google built a tiny Street View car to map out one of the world’s largest model cities, and the results are incredible
- These are the 20 wealthiest towns in the US