Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Bellroy makes some of the best wallets and accessories that the Insider Picks team has ever tested.
- Because the brand is one of our earliest "picks," we decided to give its products another look to make sure that quality has stayed as high as it was before.
- We’re glad to report that we remain impressed.
- Check out our reviews below, or click over to Bellroy’s website to browse the full collection, or head over to Amazon to shop.
We’ve been obsessed with the brand for a while, to the point that we’ve written about them a number of times — we’ve lost count — and tested most of its products. Bellroy’s Slim Sleeve is even our pick for the best men’s wallet.
Given this expansion, the Insider Picks team thought it was high time to make sure that Bellroy’s quality has held over the years. Some of us are still using our original wallets from earlier this decade, but are the company’s products still up to par?
In a word, yes. We’re still tremendously impressed by Bellroy’s designs, attention to detail, choice of material, and manufacturing quality. We took a look at a few of the brand’s products; keep reading to see exactly what we thought about each of them.
Designer’s Edition Slim Sleeve Wallet
I’ve used the Slim Sleeve ($79) as my primary wallet for a few years now, and it’s held up impressively well. Bellroy has since developed "Designer’s Editions" of a few of its products, so I figured it couldn’t hurt to compare the "DE" Slim Sleeve to the original.
Like the original Slim Sleeve, the Designer’s Edition is a well-designed, clever wallet, which makes the most of its small footprint to hold cash and 4–12 cards, but still fit comfortably in a front pocket. The leather is definitely an upgrade, with enhanced details. It would make a great gift for a guy’s birthday, or something like a graduation or Father’s Day. That said, the original edition is still excellent, and at $60 less expensive, it’s probably a better option for most people. — David Slotnick, senior reporter
Slim Sleeve Wallet
This wallet is a workhorse that lasts a long time. I used the Slim Sleeve for four years, and after putting it through some extensive abuse, it was finally time to say goodbye and replace it with a new one. The wallet is the perfect size to fit in my front pocket and carry all the cards and cash I need. It accommodates pounds and Euros pretty well, too, so it’s also a great travel companion. I’m glad to see that Bellroy still has the same great leather and sturdy stitching. —Breton Fischetti, VP of Insider Picks
If I don’t have to carry a large bag with me, I try not to. There are only a few things I really need for events or nights out: ID, credit card, keys, cash, and small makeup items. This clutch is the slim, well-designed accessory to hold and organize it all.
I like the dedicated slots to keep my cards separated and ready to access in seconds, and my favorite feature is the floating central divider with a magnetic closure. You can store escape-prone essentials like your phone or coins here, but I personally use it only for my very important apartment key. Loop it around your wrist for extra security and comfort, and you’re on your way to a night that doesn’t end with a frantic game of lost-and-found. — Connie Chen, reporter
- You’ve probably spotted people carrying Lo & Sons bags at the airport or on the street — we reviewed 8 best sellers so you can decide which to buy
- Casper quietly updated its most popular mattress — here’s what’s new and what sleeping on it feels like
- We asked an orthodontist if it’s safe to whiten teeth with Crest Whitestrips — here’s what she said