Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- We asked the founders of up-and-coming retail startups, all of whom are also moms, to give us their top Mother’s Day gift recommendations.
- The following products include favorites that they’ve been personally gifted and everyday essentials they can’t live without.
- We also have dozens more gift guides to browse so you can find the perfect Mother’s Day gift this year.
If you’re having trouble thinking of a good Mother’s Day gift, sometimes it helps to do the obvious and simply ask a real mom.
We did exactly that and consulted some mothers — who also happen to be the founders and CEOs of popular retail startups — about the best Mother’s Day gifts you can give this year.
With their busy schedules balancing motherhood and running a business, they know exactly what gifts will delight and properly pamper your own mom.
Many of the robes, skin-care products, kitchen tools, and clothing accessories mentioned below are things that have been personally gifted to them, and they only want to pass on the love to a fellow mom. And, for transparency’s sake, it’s worth us noting that some recommendations include products from the companies they founded.
Here are 27 thoughtful and useful Mother’s Day gift ideas — as recommended by the mom founders of some of our favorite startups.
Find more Mother’s Day gift guides here:
- 9 unexpected Mother’s Day gifts that are exceptionally useful
- This popular online florist has more than 100 fresh bouquets for Mother’s Day — here are the best ones
- This candle startup has a beautiful gifting and unboxing experience that’s a home run for Mother’s Day
- 23 tech gifts for women that she’ll love to get
- 31 gifts that remind us why Nordstrom is a great place to shop for Mother’s Day
- 24 thoughtful gifts for new parents celebrating their first Mother’s Day as a family
- 33 unique Mother’s Day gifts from Etsy that moms will love
- 50 Mother’s Day gifts you can find at Target, from the practical to the unexpected
- Rent the Runway’s Unlimited subscription makes a perfect Mother’s Day gift — here’s why
A soft, hand-woven weighted blanket
I live for my Bearaby woven weighted blanket — I use it every day. We literally have family "take-turns" with it as it is now the go-to for the most restful sleep. I keep it on the couch for the perfect TV blanket and "weekend toes-up" luxury. —Tina Sharkey, cofounder and CEO of Brandless
A personalized ring
I’ve been told I’m not the easiest person to shop for (!) but my best girlfriends somehow seem to get it right every year for my birthday. This past year, they gifted me an engraved gold signet ring with my daughter’s initial, "H." It’s quickly become one of my most beloved pieces of jewelry that I wear every single day. —Eunice Byun, cofounder and CEO of Material Kitchen
A lightweight robe
I honestly can’t get enough of our newest robe — it was a recent gift to myself! It’s the perfect weight, and the perfect shade of blush. It makes me feel feminine and cozy. —Ariel Kaye, cofounder and CEO of Parachute
- 21 thoughtful Prime-eligible gifts for Mother’s Day that won’t end up in a landfill — all under $50
- I rely almost exclusively on these under-$20 workout shorts from Target — they’re durable, comfortable, and cheap
- The $100 JBL Link 20 is one of the best smart speakers for the price — its built-in battery can last up to 10 hours and the sound quality is great