- Warren Buffett denied a report that Berkshire Hathaway is in talks to acquire the California utility PG&E, according to CNBC.
- PG&E soared as much as 25% in pre-market trading Wednesday after SparkSpread reported that Berkshire Hathaway was in talks to the embattled California utility.
- PG&E filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January given its liabilities related to California wildfires.
- Watch PG&E trade live.
Warren Buffett has denied that Berkshire Hathaway is in talks to acquire the embattled California utility PG&E, according to CNBC.
PG&E shares soared by as much as 25% early Wednesday after SparkSpread reported that the Warren-Buffett led company was holding talks to acquire the utility.
PG&E filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January as a result of its liabilities tied to California wildfires.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- More than 6,100 stores are closing in 2019 as the retail apocalypse drags on — here’s the full list
- The 50 best-selling albums of all time
- 7 mistakes you make after you wake up that ruin your day