@MLB / Twitter
- A Dodgers fan lost his french fries on Wednesday night while attempting to catch a foul ball.
- An inning later, another foul ball came directly at the same fan, forcing him to drop a fresh slice of pizza.
- The fan would ultimately leave the game with one foul ball and two dropped meals.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
One unlucky Los Angeles Dodgers fan couldn’t escape the action on Wednesday night, with not one, but two foul balls heading his direction and ultimately, spoiling his meal.
With the Dodgers visiting the San Francisco Giants, one committed fan made the trek to Oracle Park to enjoy the game.
In the top of the second inning, a foul ball came right at the fan, forcing him to fumble his tray of fries all over the seats in front of him. The fan would ultimately recover the foul ball, but his fries were lost for good.
Normally, the story of "man spills food at a sporting event" would end there, but in this case, just one inning later, the same fan was once again forced to choose between his food and a foul ball.
In the third inning, with the fan apparently just returning from the concession stand with a fresh slice of pizza, another foul ball came towards him, leaving him to sacrifice his slice.
Lightning never strikes twice, but foul balls at baseball games are clearly a different beast.
The fan would finish the evening with one foul ball and two lost meals, and the Giants would go on to win the game 2-1.
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta:
- 10 reasons you should buy the $1,000 iPhone XS instead of the more affordable iPhone XR
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!
- The CEO who took over Burger King at age 32 says you can determine the root of all work problems by considering 3 scenarios