- President Donald Trump and daughter Ivanka arrived at the "blue house," the presidential palace in South Korea, to meet with President Moon Jae-in for a Saturday night state dinner.
- Upon arriving, Trump and Ivanka were introduced to the K-Pop boy band EXO, who presented the pair with a signed copy of their fifth studio album "Love Shot."
- Ivanka said she had been a fan of EXO since she saw them perform at the 2018 Winter Olympics held in the PyeongChang province of South Korea.
- Read more stories like this on INSIDER.
President Donald Trump included a quick stop in Seoul, South Korea during his travel schedule this week, which included a four-day state visit to Japan. The White House Press Office detailed a state dinner at the "blue house," or South Korean presidential palace, with President Moon Jae-in.
Trump’s daughter Ivanka accompanied him to the blue house, where the two were introduced to K-Pop boy band EXO, along with the South Korean first lady, foreign minister Kang Kyung-wha, and former Ladies Professional Golf Association champion Se-ri Park for a cocktail reception.
During the meeting, President Moon told Trump and Ivanka he had invited EXO on her behalf, since she was a fan of the K-Pop band and her daughter’s birthday was coming up in July. Ivanka confirmed she had been a fan since seeing EXO perform at the closing ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang province in South Korea.
Members of EXO also presented Trump and Ivanka with a signed copy of their fifth studio album "LOVE SHOT" for her daughter’s birthday.
K-Pop fans reacted to the meeting on Twitter, with some expressing pride that EXO was chosen to represent the country of South Korea at a state meeting (the Korea Tourism Organization selected EXO as "Nation’s Pick" public ambassadors in 2018), while others were less than pleased their idols met with Trump.
Trump also noted that he could potentially meet with North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un at the border between North and South Korea later in his trip, but said the details were not confirmed.
- Trump’s proposed tariffs on Chinese goods could cause major headaches for parents buying new baby products
- Trump says he wants to delay the 2020 census after the Supreme Court rejected his attempts to add a citizenship question
- Beto O’Rourke said voters must ‘reclaim’ America from Trump in a fiery speech at Florida facility where migrant children are being detained