- Krispy Kreme is opening a massive location in New York City in early 2020.
- The flagship store will be in Times Square and open for 24 hours a day.
- Krispy Kreme released renderings of what the super-sized location will look like on Monday.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Krispy Kreme is opening a massive location in Times Square that will serve up more doughnuts than any other location of the chain in the world.
On Monday, Krispy Kreme announced plans to open a flagship store in New York City in early 2020.
The 4,500 square-foot store will include iconic features, such as the glaze waterfall, as well as the world’s largest Hot Light — which tells customers when the doughnuts are freshly prepared. It will be open 24 hours a day, constantly serving up fresh doughnuts in the heart of Times Square.
"Our direction is to be the most loved sweet treat brand in the world. In the most iconic city in the world, the Krispy Kreme Times Square Flagship will showcase our brand on the global stage and inspire customers wonder," Krispy Kreme’s CEO, Michael Tattersfield, said in a statement.
Here’s what the flagship location will look like.
The Krispy Kreme flagship will feature a massive Hot Light.
Being open for 24 hours a day means the location will also have a "night mode."
The design is meant to showcase the process of crafting the perfect Krispy Kreme doughnut — including the iconic glaze waterfall.
- How Revolve used a massive network of influencers and celebrities to become a fashion giant
- Leaked documents reveal Starbucks is plotting the debut of a new Unicorn Frappuccino-style beverage called the Tie-Dye Frappuccino
- The head of KFC’s US business on comebacks, delivery, vegan ‘chicken,’ and the chain’s new approach to menu innovation