- The retail apocalypse is ripping through America.
- More than 5,300 store closures have been announced so far in 2019.
- These photos reveal the impact of the retail apocalypse, with deserted malls, empty shopping centers, and disorganized stores selling deeply discounted wares.
The retail apocalypse continues to tear through America.
More than 5,300 store closures have been announced so far in 2019, as Victoria’s Secret, JCPenney, and Gap shutter dozens of locations.
The closures and bankruptcies are leaving their mark on malls and shopping centers around the country. Here’s photographic evidence that a retail apocalypse is hitting the US hard:
Perhaps most emblematic of the retail apocalypse are photos of dead malls.
As customers increasingly shop online, malls are suffering the consequences.
Chicago’s Lincoln Mall transformed from a vibrant shopping center into an eerie, deserted wasteland after it closed in 2015.
Source: Chicago Tribune
- 7 things Walmart still does better than Amazon
- More than 2,000 new stores are opening in 2019 as Costco, Dollar General, and TJ Maxx defy the retail apocalypse
- At least 34 advertisers have stopped advertising on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show in recent months after the host’s controversial comments. Here’s the list.