- Arton Capital ranks passports by the number of countries one can visit without obtaining a visa.
- The United States is tied for third this year after being tied for second in 2018.
- The United Arab Emirates received the top spot in this year’s rankings.
The United States has fallen one spot in the finance firm Arton Capital’s 2019 rankings of passport mobility, which measures the number of countries one can visit with a given nation’s passport without obtaining a visa. The US is tied for third in the 2019 rankings, down from second in 2018. The United Arab Emirates took the top spot with a passport that provides access to 167 countries.
You can see all of the countries ranked in the top 10 below.
Countries are ranked according to Arton’s "Visa-Free Score," with a higher score resulting in a higher ranking.
T10. Bulgaria — 158 countries
T10. Romania — 158 countries
T10. Cyprus — 158 countries
Annie Zheng/Business Insider
- Harley-Davidson’s newest electric concept is aimed at city dwellers — and could help the struggling brand reinvent itself
- The 20 most dangerous US cities for pedestrians
- Cruise line workers reveal one of the biggest disadvantages of living on a cruise ship
Source: Business Insider