"Madden 20"/Electronic Arts
- The NFL preseason kicks off tonight, giving fans their first chance to check out their team’s roster before the official start of the 2019 season.
- While players will be doing everything they can to secure their spot on the regular season roster, "Madden 20" has already solidified ratings for more than 3,000 NFL players.
- Players are judge based on more than 50 specific attributes, and can earn a maximum rating of 99 Overall.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The NFL pre-season starts today, giving fans an early look at how their favorite teams stand to measure up on the field. But with all the trades and free agent signings of the offseason, it can be hard to keep track of the top talent that’s about to start suiting up.
Luckily, "Madden 20," the most popular football game on the planet, has rated more than 3,000 NFL players and overhauled the rosters of all 32 NFL teams ahead of the 2019 season. "Madden" ratings judge players based on more than 50 specific attributes, using a mix of statistics and game film.
The creators of "Madden NFL 20" said they want the game to feel more realistic this season, leading to lower ratings overall and larger skill gaps between superstars and average players. The game’s highest possible rating is 99 points, but only a select few players make it into the coveted "99 Club" each year. "Madden" ratings are updated every week during the season, so there’s a chance that some players could see their stock rise as the season gets underway.
"Madden NFL 20" will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 2. You can get access to the game three days early by joining EA’s Origin Access Premier or by preordering the $80 Superstar Edition.
Here are the top-rated players on all 32 NFL teams, with the teams listed in alphabetical order:
Arizona Cardinals – Patrick Peterson, Cornerback, 92 Overall
Alex Trautwig/Getty Images
David Johnson, Running Back, 87 Overall
Larry Fitzgerald, Wide Receiver, 84 Overall
Marcus Gilbert, Right Tackle, 84 Overall
D.J. Swearinger, Sr., Safety, 83 Overall
Atlanta Falcons – Julio Jones, Wide Receiver, 98 Overall
Deion Jones, Middle Linebacker, 90 Overall
Devonta Freeman, Running Back, 89 Overall
Alex Mack, Center, 89 Overall
Matt Ryan, Quarterback, 89 Overall
Baltimore Ravens – Earl Thomas, Safety, 95 Overall
Michael Pierce, Defensive Tackle, 92 Overall
Marshal Yanda, Guard, 91 Overall
Justin Tucker, Kicker, 87 Overall
Mark Ingram II, Running Back, 86 Overall
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell cleans her airplane seats with disinfectant wipes before sitting down, and you should too
- I played ‘Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3’to see if Nintendo delivered the game diehard fans deserve — and it’s even better than I expected
- The 30 best Game Boy games, in honor of the trail-blazing console’s 30th anniversary