- The car-shopping site Autotrader released on Thursday its list of the best cars from model years 2019 and 2020.
- Cars were evaluated on criteria that included interior comfort and materials, build quality, ride quality, and features.
- Only cars that cost $75,000 or less, are produced for model years 2019 or 2020, and are available for purchase were eligible.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
The car-shopping site Autotrader released on Thursday its list of the best cars from model years 2019 and 2020.
Cars were evaluated on criteria that included interior comfort and materials, build quality, ride quality, and features. Only cars that cost $75,000 or less, are produced for model years 2019 or 2020, and are available for purchase were eligible.
"Not only are consumers often overwhelmed by the sheer number of vehicles on the market, but they also get lost in the frenzy of constantly changing technology, features, and vehicle capabilities," Autotrader executive editor Brian Moody said in a statement. "Our team selected a diverse group of vehicles that will benefit car shoppers with a variety of needs and lifestyles."
These are the 12 best cars for 2019, according to Autotrader. (The site did not rank the cars on its list.)
2019 Acura RDX
Starting price: $37,400
Autotrader’s analysis: "The new Acura RDX is a full-fledged luxury/sport utility vehicle on par with Europe’s best. Its turbocharged engine is quick, responsive, and efficient, averaging 28 miles per gallon. For drivers that love to blast music, they will love the optional ELS sound system — it’s one of the best available in any new car on the market."
2019 Ford Ranger
Starting price: $24,300
Autotrader’s analysis: "Ford has resurrected the Ranger name for 2019 and this version is not stuck in the 90s. This Ranger is a competent and agile little brother to the well-established Ford F-150. As the right combination of work-ready and everyday-useful, the 2019 Ford Ranger is perfect for the needs of most Americans."
2019 Genesis G70
Starting price: $34,900
Autotrader’s analysis: "The Genesis G70 had the editors at Autotrader uttering a series of ‘inconceivable’ proclamations every time they got behind the wheel. And this time, it does mean what they think it means. The G70 packs a lot of fun into a tidy package and does it for a reasonable price. The interior is a highlight that rivals cars costing tens of thousands of dollars more, but at this price, it’s a no brainer the G70 made the Best New Cars for 2019 list."
- The worst states in America to get a speeding ticket, ranked
- Uber warns its big push into scooters and e-bikes is creating unusual new headaches and risks for the company
- Boeing reportedly made the flight-control system that mistakenly activated during 2 deadly crashes 4 times stronger while creating the 737 Max