Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design/Flickr
- Entry-level positions for data scientist, developer, and product manager jobs could come with six-figure salaries, according to a new study from Comparably.
- Data scientist jobs are likely to pay the most, with an average salary of $113,254.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Earning a six-figure salary might not be as far from reach as you may think.
Entry-level positions for data scientists, product managers, and developers could pay $100,000 or more, according to a new study from Comparably, a website that rates workplace culture and compensation based on self-reported data.
In its latest study, Comparably analyzed the salaries of employees in the technology industry with three years of experience or less, which it evaluated from more than 8,000 employee records. The highest salary on the list was for the position of data scientist, which Comparably’s report indicates has an average entry-level salary of $113,254.
Comparably’s results share some similarities with data published by job search platform Monster, which listed web and software developer positions in its list of the highest-paying entry-level tech jobs.
The findings also underscore the increased emphasis on technical skills over traditional experience in the technology sector. Apple CEO Tim Cook even recently said that about half of the company’s US employment last year was made up of people who did not have a four-year degree.
See below for the top 10 highest-paying entry-level jobs in tech, according to Comparably.
10. QA Analyst
Average Salary: $70,383
A QA analyst looks for issues in websites and software and is responsible for making sure those problems are corrected, according to Comparably’s description. Duties and responsibilities could include conducting software audits and making recommendations for repairing defects, as a sample listing from ZipRecruiter notes.
9. Marketing Manager
Average Salary: $70,392
A marketing manager typically serves as the median between the IT department and marketing division, says Comparably. As is the case with many of the positions on this list, the day-to-day duties and responsibilities will differ depending on the employer.
8. Sales Representative
Average Salary: $70, 622
At a technology company, a sales representative’s goal would be to cultivate sales with potential clients, Comparably says in its description. This could entail giving presentations about the company’s tech products and services.
- There’s a simple, quick way to turn off all website notifications in Chrome — here’s how to do it
- The Sega Genesis is coming back with a new mini-retro console — here are the best Genesis games of all time
- This robot can find Waldo in any ‘Where’s Waldo’ puzzle as little as 5 seconds — here’s how it works