Capital Grille / Yelp
- A single location of some of America’s favorite chains can bring in millions of dollars a year.
- Chains including Mastro’s Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, and the Rainforest Café topped Nation’s Restaurant News’ analysis of brands with the highest average unit volume.
- Read on for a ranking of the top 10 chains with the highest average sales per location in America.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A single location of some of America’s favorite chains can bring in millions of dollars a year.
One of the best ways to see which chains are thriving is not simply looking at sales, but also inspecting exactly how much money each location makes.
Heavy hitters like Mastro’s Steakhouse/Ocean Club and The Capital Grille ranked highly on Nation’s Restaurant News’ analysis of chains with the highest average unit volume. However, some of the chains that bring in millions of dollars per location every year might not be what customers expect.
Here are the chains with the highest average sales per location in America.
10. The Capital Grille/Burger
Estimated average sales per unit in 2018: $7.97 million
9. Maggiano’s Little Italy
Photo by George Rose/Getty Images
Estimated average sales per unit in 2018: $8.07 million
8. Yard House
Brian Brainerd/The Denver Post via Getty Images
Estimated average sales per unit in 2018: $8.14 million
- We went bra shopping at the first store for ThirdLove, the startup taking on Victoria’s Secret — here’s what it was like
- Bed Bath & Beyond is slashing 7% of its corporate staff months after a group of activist investors condemned the brand. Here are 10 of the most brutal criticisms that were lobbed.
- I ate at MOD Pizza, America’s fastest-growing restaurant chain, and saw why it’s miles ahead of the competition