- A mobile shopping company recently sent an action figure of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to journalists, as The Verge reported.
- The toy is highly detailed and appears to be based on a photo Bezos posted to Twitter last year.
- Some expressed confusion over why the doll exists and appeared to find its accuracy creepy.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Given his status as being the head of the world’s most valuable company and the richest person on Earth, it’s not surprising that Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has been the subject of many books, magazine covers, and news documentaries. What is surprising, however, is that there is now an action figure version of him too.
A mobile shopping company called Ntwrk recently sent The Verge a doll of Bezos, which is seemingly based on a photo he tweeted of himself last year walking alongside Spot, the robotic dog made by Boston Dynamics known for its lifelike movements.
The action figure is incredibly detailed and depicts Bezos wearing jeans, a black shirt, and a cutoff vest and boots — the same exact outfit he was seen wearing in the photo. The figure also comes with interchangeable hands that are detachable, according to a tweet posted by The Verge’s Sarah Smithers.
Little else is known about the doll, such as how much it costs, where it’s sold, or why it exists. A product listing for the action figure could not be found on Ntwrk’s website. Business Insider has reached out to Ntwrk to received additional details about the action figure and will update this post accordingly with more information.
Reactions to the doll have been mixed, with some finding its high level of detail creepy and others expressing confusion over why it was created.
It’s not the first time the Amazon CEO has been depicted as a toy. A photo of Bezos in action figure form was included in Fast Company’s list of The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018, in which Amazon placed as number five. But as is the case with the figure The Verge obtained, few details about it are available.
If the action figure isn’t realist enough, there’s always this life-sized cutout of Bezos. You can buy it, of course, on Amazon.
NOW WATCH: 5 things wrong with Apple’s lightning cable
- Jeff Bezos binge-watched Netflix’s ‘Stranger Things’ in one day and recreated one of the most iconic parts of the show
- Shaquille O’Neal says he ‘quadrupled’ his net worth after adopting an investment strategy he learned from Jeff Bezos
- 41 photos of Amazon’s incredible journey from the dot-com crash to a trillion-dollar company