- Jack Dorsey cofounded Twitter in 2006 and the company has made him a billionaire.
- He is famous for his unusual life of luxury, including a daily fasting routine, regular ice baths, and a penchant for dating models.
- Dorsey has also been caught up in the techlash, which engulfed companies like Twitter and Facebook last year.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
From fighting armies of bots to quashing rumours about posting his beard hair to rapper Azealia Banks, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey leads an unusual life of luxury.
Dorsey has had a turbulent career in Silicon Valley. After cofounding Twitter in 2006, he was booted as the company’s CEO two years later, but returned in 2015 having set up his second company, Square.
Since then, he has led the company through the techlash that has engulfed social media companies, at one point testifying before Congress alongside Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.
Meanwhile, Dorsey has provoked his fair share of controversy and criticism, extolling fasting and ice baths as part of his daily routine. His existence is not entirely spartan, however. Like some other billionaires, he owns a stunning house, dates models, and drives fast cars.
Scroll on to read more about the fabulous life of Jack Dorsey.
Rebecca Borison wrote an earlier version of this story.
Dorsey began programming while attending Bishop DuBourg High School in St. Louis.
At age 15, Dorsey wrote dispatch software that is still used by some taxi companies.
When he wasn’t checking out speciality electronics stores or running a fantasy football league for his friends, Dorsey frequently attended punk-rock concerts.
These days Dorsey doesn’t favour the spiky hairdo.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
Like many of his fellow tech billionaires, Dorsey never graduated college.
edyson / Flickr
He briefly attended the Missouri University of Science and Technology and transferred to New York University before calling it quits.
- Uber’s former CEO Travis Kalanick was ousted after the company became entrenched in scandals — here are 7 other tech execs who were cast out from companies they helped build
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says he’s been ‘playing with fasting’ and only eats one meal per day. Here are the diets of other notable tech billionaires.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says he eats only one meal a day and fasts all weekend, and people are concerned he might have an eating disorder