Christopher Polk/Getty Images
As Johnson’s personal life is flourishing, his professional life continues to do the same. He ranked 15th on Forbes’ 2019 list of the world’s highest-paid celebrities, topping the list of the highest-paid actors in the world. According to Forbes, the former WWE star earned $89.4 million over the course of the year. He’s been called a movie "franchise unto himself."
One of the hardest working people in show business, Johnson stars in blockbuster movies and TV shows, runs his own production company, and gets a few extra bucks from endorsements. Yet the actor also knows how to enjoy himself and spend his hard-earned cash in his downtime.
Here’s how The Rock spends his millions.
Forbes named Johnson the world’s highest-paid actor for 2019, putting his annual earnings at $89.4 million. The former wrestler works hard for his millions.
Johnson is a box-office juggernaut. Past successes have led to him commanding bigger pay days for upcoming films.
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for MTV
A few recent hits include:
- "Rampage" (2018): grossed $428 million worldwide
- "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" (2017): grossed $962 million worldwide
- "The Fate of the Furious" (2017): grossed $1.24 billion worldwide
His most recent film, "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw," grossed $437 million worldwide.
Lintao Zhang/Getty Images
His latest, "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw," was released August 2, 2019, and has already brought in $437 million worldwide.
- A death in the Atlantic, a media empire that once had $4 billion in debt, and a yacht named Lady Ghislaine: Take a look at Ghislaine Maxwell’s family history
- Wall Street comes to Fort Lauderdale: A Florida mansion with a fully functional stock trading floor just hit the market for $12.99 million. Take a look inside.
- These are the 15 hottest destinations billionaires are traveling to in 2019
DON’T MISS: Conor McGregor just claimed he’s a billionaire in an Instagram post — but the numbers likely don’t check out. Here’s how the UFC fighter makes and spends his fortune, from Lamborghinis and yachts to outrageous designer suits