@PelicansNBA / Twitter
- The New Orleans Pelicans landed the first overall pick in the NBA draft lottery on Tuesday night, and with it, the rights to drafting Duke superstar Zion Williamson.
- The Pelicans entered the night with just a 6% chance of winning the first overall pick but wound up winning the biggest prize of the NBA offseason despite their long odds.
- At the Pelicans ticket office, employees went wild after learning that Williamson would be coming to New Orleans.
- You can watch a video of their reaction below.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta:
- The NBA draft order is official, and the new lottery odds threw a major wrench into things as the Pelicans landed the No. 1 pick
- LeBron James reveals what impressed him most about Zion Williamson
- The new NBA draft lottery odds have the potential to be devastating for the league’s worst teams