BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images
- Several congressional committees are investigating different aspects of President Donald Trump.
- Some are probing actions since Trump became president, while others are digging into election security or his personal finances.
- The committees are being met with significant resistance as the administration has signaled they are not at all eager to participate in what Trump has often described as "presidential harassment."
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
President Donald Trump might be done with the special counsel investigation after two years of probes into his administration, inner circle, and 2016 presidential campaign. But Trump is still facing a host of investigations in Congress.
In addition to a lasting probe in the Senate, Democrats are looking into Trump and his surroundings from every angle by using their newfound power after taking back the House majority in 2018 midterm elections.
House Judiciary Committee
Stephanie Keith/Getty Images
The House Judiciary Committee is digging into the findings of the special counsel’s now-concluded investigation. They have been met with resistance from the Trump administration.
The committee’s investigation reached a boiling point when the committee voted to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over documents.
House Intelligence Committee
Alex Wong/Getty Images
The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, chaired by Rep. Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, reopened their investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Schiff has frequently gotten under Trump’s skin with his probes. The committee is also conducting similar investigations to the Judiciary Committee.
House Oversight and Reform Committee
Mark Wilson/Getty Images
The House Oversight and Reform Committee, chaired by Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, is looking into potential malpractice in how security clearances have been issued in the White House since Trump took office.
The committee is also probing Trump’s finances by investigating Mazars USA, the president’s accounting firm. A federal judge recently ordered Mazars USA to comply with subpoenas for Trump’s records.
- Everything you should know about Robert Mueller, who led the government’s two-year investigation into Trump and Russia
- Here are all the major congressional Democrats and 2020 presidential candidates who want to impeach Trump
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweets about the toll of receiving death threats against her and says she spends some mornings ‘reviewing photos of the men who want to kill me’