- Tiger Woods won the 2019 Masters, completing what many people believe is the greatest comeback in sports.
- Afterward, many of the biggest names in sports congratulated Woods, including Serena Williams, Stephen Curry, Tom Brady, and more.
- Read all of Business Insider’s Masters coverage here.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Tiger Woods’ win at the Masters is being praised as the greatest comeback in sports.
It had been ten years since Woods’ last major. After a marital scandal, numerous injuries and surgeries, a DUI arrest and more, Woods’ climb back to the top of golf has been long and difficult.
After winning his fifth green jacket, some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment reached out to Woods to congratulate him on his win.
US President Donald Trump tweeted his congratulations, too.
When Woods walked back to the clubhouse after winning the tournament, he also was greeted by a long line of his competitors who were there to congratulate him, including Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler, Bubba Watson, Xander Schauffele, Brook Koepka, and more.
- Tiger Woods shared a beautiful moment with his family immediately after walking off the 18th green as Masters champion
- Masters 2019: Here’s how a playoff works when players are tied after 72 holes at Augusta National
- Gambler wins $1.19 million after placing $85,000 bet on Tiger Woods to win the Masters