George Rose/Getty Images
- The two highest-rated casinos in the United States, according to TripAdvisor reviews, are both in Las Vegas and owned by the same company.
- The lowest score in the top 50, Harrah’s in Council Bluffs, still gets five-star reviews nearly half of the time.
- The ranking of the 50 best casinos in the US was based on the proportion of five-star reviews each casino got on TripAdvisor.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Casinos want gamblers to have a five-star good time.
An abundance of slot machines, free drinks, luxury suites, clubs, pools, concerts, and golf courses aim to keep people betting, and to keep them coming back. If the space feels like a refuge, people feel a stronger desire to gamble, casino design experts told the New Y orker.
Some casinos are better at it than others. Wynn Casino and Encore at Wynn, the two highest-rated casinos in the United States, are in Las Vegas and are owned by the same company.
Based on data from 360,781 TripAdvisor reviews, here are the top 50 casinos in the United States, ranked by their proportion of five-star reviews.
50. Harrah’s in Council Bluffs, Iowa: 49.26% five-star reviews
Shannon Stapleton / Reuters
Harrah’s got 1,224 five-star reviews out of 2,485.
The casino first opened in 1996, and has 580 gaming machines and 18 table games. In 2013, it moved its casino from a gaming boat called "The Kanesville Queen" onto land, taking over space that used to be for its convention room.
49. Caesars in Atlantic City, New Jersey: 49.32% five-star reviews
Tim Shaffer / Reuters
Caesars got 7,841 five-star reviews out of 15,898.
It was the second casino to open in Atlantic City in 1979. It has 135 table games, more than 3,000 slot machines, and 1,100 rooms.
48. Agua Caliente Casino and Hotel in Rancho Mirage, California: 49.53% five-star reviews
Agua Caliente got 368 five-star reviews out of 743.
The casino, which opened in 2001, has 39 table games and 1,400 gaming machines. In 2019, the owners, the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, announced plans to build a 10,000-seat arena for ice hockey and concerts. It’s expected to be completed in 2021.
- We went to Barneys’ Manhattan flagship to see why it’s the latest department store to reportedly consider bankruptcy
- America’s first mall is about to be redeveloped into offices, homes, and an NHL training center. We went inside and found it eerily empty.
- 6 furniture-store chains that aren’t around anymore