Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- In July 2018, Amazon hosted its highly anticipated Amazon Prime Day event where you can get amazing deals on thousands of products.
- The sitewide event has some of the best discounts you’ll see all year — and new sales show up every few minutes on everything from tech, to home goods, to apparel, and more.
- We compiled a list of the deals our readers loved the most so that we can help you navigate future Prime Day discounts, like the ones coming up this July on Amazon Prime Day 2019.
Amazon Prime Day may be Amazon’s made-up retail holiday, but it also happens to play host to some of the best sales and deals you’ll see on product products all year.
Every year on Amazon Prime Day, the Insider Picks team sorts through thousands of deals in real time to share the genuinely great ones with our readers. So, in other words, we spend the entirety of the event (last year’s was 36 hours!) glued to our desks, drinking water from CamelBaks and edging tantalizingly close to the Guinness World Record for words typed per minute.
Once Amazon Prime Day officially ends and the hype dies down, we compile a list of the deals you guys loved and bought the most, which you can find below in order of popularity. It helps us get better at finding the sort of deals you’d like to know about, and it helps us become more discerning in the deals we cherry-pick for you on future Amazon Prime Days, like the one coming up this year in July 2019.
If you’re interested, take a look at the 30 products Business Insider readers bought the most on Amazon Prime Day 2018, starting with the most popular.
Are you ready for Amazon Prime Day 2019? Here are other resources to help you prepare:
- Amazon Prime Day will feature tons of limited-time ‘Lightning Deals’ throughout the day — here’s how to make sure you get the one you want
- 31 useful Amazon Prime benefits to know that go beyond free 2-day shipping
- Everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2019
1. iRobot Roomba 671
iRobot Roomba 671 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, $294 [Prime Day price, $229.99]
The Roomba 671 was no surprise at all given that it was at its lowest price ever. This intelligent robot vacuum uses a proprietary three-stage system to clean everything from fine particulates — like dust — to larger debris like sand, hair, and sizeable crumbs. It’s Alexa-enabled, so you can control it with your voice or with the available smartphone app. You can read more about the vacuum here.
2. Audible membership
Audible membership, $14.95 per month [Prime Day promotion: $4.95 per month]
For Prime Day, Amazon discounted its Audible service by 66%, meaning new subscribers could get four months at $4.95 per month rather than $14.95. Audible gives you access to one audiobook credit per month (which never expire) and 30% off additional audiobooks.
3. Kindle Unlimited membership
Kindle Unlimited membership [Prime Day promotion: 3 months for $1]
Among our own readers, the No. 3 best seller was a promotional deal Amazon ran on Kindle Unlimited — a departure from past years dominated by tech. With the deal, Prime members who hadn’t yet tried the service could sign up for three months of Kindle Unlimited, and get access to over 1 million books, for just $1. The service usually goes for $30 for the same time frame.
- Arlo’s home security cameras are up to $300 off at Best Buy and Amazon for a limited time
- The best milk frothers you can buy
- This $24 shoe rack doubles as a shelving unit anywhere in your apartment — I use mine to organize books and video games