Joe Amon/Getty Images
- In Florida, medical professions make the most money, but there are many lucrative jobs in the Sunshine State.
- Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, we found the 30 jobs with the highest average salaries in Florida.
- Just like many other states, the top categories were filled by medical professions.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
In Florida, there are over 20,000 CEOs, but only 240 physicists.
Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Employment Statistics program, we found the 30 jobs with the highest average annual salaries in Florida as of May 2018, the most recently available data.
The top seven highest-paying jobs in the state were medical professions, making it one of the most well-paying industries for Floridians.
Here are the 30 highest-paying jobs in the Sunshine State.
Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers make an average of $111,320 a year
Number of people employed in Florida: 450
What they do, according to O*NET: Conduct hearings to recommend or make decisions on claims concerning government programs or other government-related matters. Determine liability, sanctions, or penalties, or recommend the acceptance or rejection of claims or settlements.
Sales Engineers make an average of $112,600 a year
Number of people employed in Florida: 2,430
What they do, according to O*NET: Sell business goods or services, the selling of which requires a technical background equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in engineering.
General and Operations Managers make an average of $112,600 a year
University of Exeter/Flickr
Number of people employed in Florida: 123,800
What they do, according to O*NET: Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
- Wages for low-paying jobs are finally going up. Here are the 10 jobs with the biggest salary spike this year.
- 10 jobs with the biggest salary dip this year
- THEN AND NOW: Here’s how being a nurse has changed in the last 50 years