- WrestleMania 35 has the potential to be one of the best events in the history of WWE.
- 15 matches have been announced for Sunday, including the first ever women’s main event and Kurt Angle’s final time in the ring.
- We ranked all 15 matches we’re expecting to see on Sunday by potential excitement — it’s no surprise who’s at the top.
This Sunday thousands of fans will fill MetLife Stadium to take in WrestleMania 35, the biggest event in sports entertainment.
WWE has put together a fascinating card for Sunday, including the first ever women’s main event, Kurt Angle’s final time in the ring, and a flipped script that sees Kofi Kingston as the unlikely challenger to Daniel Bryan’s title.
All told, there are 15 announced matches on Sunday’s card, setting up a day that is loaded with upsets, surprises, and plenty of WrestleMania moments — and below, we’ve ranked them all in terms of potential excitement.
Whether you’re a die-hard wrestling fan or a casual follower of WWE that’s gearing up for the biggest day of the year, we’ve got everything you need to be ready for Sunday.
15. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is entertaining every year, but the outcome rarely matters much in the grand scheme of WWE.
A few years ago, Rob Gronkowski made his WWE debut with a run-in during the event, helping his friend Mojo Rawley.
This year, the role of unexpected entrant has been bestowed upon "Saturday Night Live" performers Colin Jost and Michael Che, who in recent weeks have had a beef with Braun Strowman.
There’s no clear read on how this match will end, but fans will at least get the satisfaction of Jost and Che tumbling over the top rope.
14. United States Championship: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
The United States Championship match was set to be a potentially entertaining show, with the fearsome Samoa Joe taking on lucha legend Rey Mysterio for the belt.
But Mysterio recently suffered an ankle injury putting his status for Sunday in question. He may still be able to perform, and even if he isn’t, WWE can sometimes turn unfortunate circumstances into brilliant television — if Mysterio can’t go at Mania, it might mean a huge opportunity for another wrestler to step up for the title shot.
Things could change, but as of now, there are too many question marks around this match to get that excited for it.
13. Women’s Tag Team Championship
Four women’s tag teams — the Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection, Nia Jax & Tamina, The IIconics, and Natalya & Beth Phoenix — will compete for the championship on Sunday.
Sasha Banks and Bayley, known collectively as the Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection, enter as the title holders but could find difficulty holding on to the belts. The most compelling outcome on Sunday might be for them to lose, and for one to turn on the other and ignite another feud.
That said, Sasha and Bayley are currently the anchors of the women’s tag division, and it might be a bit early for them to break up.
- A look inside the marriage of the richest couple in history, Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos — who met at work, were engaged in 3 months, and are getting divorced after 25 years together
- 16 things you didn’t know about WWE
- John Oliver slammed Vince McMahon over wrestlers’ lack of benefits and status as ‘independent contractors’ — WWE claims he ‘simply ignored the facts’