- Global consultancy Mercer ranked world cities by quality of life in its 2019 Quality of Living Ranking.
- It looked at housing, education, public services and transport, natural environment and other factors.
- The top 10 cities on the list are shown below.
Businesses around the world are waking up to the fact that attracting and retaining the best people is easier if they locate in places where employees can enjoy a superior quality of life.
Global consultancy Mercer analyzed more than 230 cities around the world, using criteria such as housing, education, public services and transport, natural environment, recreation, and political, and social environment to assemble its 2019 Quality of Living Ranking.
Here are the top 10 cities on its list:
Basel is Switzerland’s third-largest city and the birthplace of tennis legend Roger Federer. Located on the Rhine, it’s a hub for pharmaceutical companies such as Roche and Novartis, and boasts 40 museums.
Geneva, Switzerland’s second-largest city, sits at the southern tip of Lake Geneva and boasts views of the Alps and Jura mountains. It is home to multinational corporations including Rolex and Richemont, as well as international organizations such as the United Nations and Red Cross.
Denmark’s capital features sweeping gardens, grand palaces, and historic churches. Danske Bank, Maersk, Netto, and Pandora have headquarters there.
- 8 science-backed signs you’re smarter than average
- 18 books that have been written about the Trump White House
- I work from home 5 days a week, and I use these 8 products keep me focused and productive