T-Mobile adopted a two-pronged approach to build customer loyalty and brand awareness during the 2019 Super Bowl.
Business Insider Intelligence
- It announced that it’s partnered with Taco Bell and Lyft to give customers access to special promotions. Through its customer loyalty program, T-Mobile Tuesdays, the carrier is giving users the ability to redeem one free Taco Bell taco each week and a one-time $10 Lyft credit. T-Mobile has seen an overwhelmingly positive reaction to its loyalty program, as customers have already redeemed over 186 million special deals, including free coffee, discounted gas, and free movies, since its launch in 2016. The program has helped the firm establish the most satisfied and loyal subscriber bases, according to Business Insider Intelligence’s Telecom Competitive Edge Report (enterprise only). Beyond building customer loyalty, T-Mobile’s decision to announce the deals via a Super Bowl commercial also has the added benefit of creating stronger brand awareness, since the game was watched by over 100 million people.
- T-Mobile was able to provide its customers at the big game with the fastest average download speeds of the Big Four carriers. At this years Super Bowl the company delivered mean download speed of 101.53 Mbps, which bested rivals Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T, according to Speedtest. To do so, T-Mobile updated its Distributed Antenna System (DAS) in the stadium and deployed more than 300 small cells around the city. While the speed victory is a publicity coup for T-Mobile, it also demonstrates the company’s reliability at big events and in crowded spaces.
T-Mobile’s efforts to build an attractive loyalty program and improve its services should go a long way in its attempts to compete in the highly competitive wireless carrier space. Access to discounts and coupons is the best way to drive loyalty, with 61% of consumers saying they rely heavily on them.
On top of that, half of loyal customers will purchase more products and recommend a brand to friends and family (75%). And, considering high-speed networks was ranked most often as the most important mobile offering a carrier can provide, per Business Insider Intelligence’s Telecom Competitive Edge Report, showing the ability to give consumers this desired feature will only strengthen T-Mobile’s brand.
- Ericsson is splitting its cellular IoT solutions into four segments
- Verizon has successfully tested edge computing on a live 5G network — slashing network latency in half
- AT&T’s latest earnings suggest it needs to make its offerings more attractive
Source: Business Insider