- Supermodel Naomi Campbell showed off her airport routine in a recent video posted to YouTube.
- Every time Campbell gets on an airplane, she says she uses disinfectant wipes to clean everything she might touch on the journey — including the seats, tray tables, controls for air and TV, and more.
- It’s smart to clean your airplane seat and the surrounding area before sitting in it for hours — airlines don’t clean the seats or tray tables between trips.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
In the same way you should always wipe down gym equipment before and after you use it, airplane seats should also be cleaned thoroughly to protect yourself from germs and bacteria.
Supermodel Naomi Campbell uploaded a YouTube video recently, where she shows off her typical airport routine. Since she is a frequent flier, often for international trips, Campbell takes special care of herself to ensure a safe and smooth journey.
In particular, Campbell cleans down her airplane seat and the surrounding area before she even sits down.
Here’s why that’s a brilliant idea.
In her video, when Campbell boards an airplane and heads to her seat, instead of immediately sitting down and getting comfortable, she whips out a pair of latex gloves and Dettol disinfectant wipes.
"Clean everything you touch. Anything you can possibly touch," Campbell says.
Campbell wipes down her entire seat, including her arm rests, remote controls for TV and air, plus her tray table.
- I’ve been using Apple’s new iPad software for the past week — here are my 5 favorite things about it so far
- The 9 best ways to save money on Apple products
- A 33-year-old woman who used to work for Amazon is the suspect in the massive Capital One hack — meet Paige Thompson