- President Trump called Prince Charles the "Prince of Whales" in a tweet on Thursday.
- He later deleted the tweet and tried again with the correct spelling.
- Stephen Colbert joked about the typo in his opening monologue on "The Late Show" later that night.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Stephen Colbert showed off his talent for whale sounds when he mocked President Trump for his "Prince of Whales" tweet on Thursday.
The president misspelled Prince Charles’ title in a tweet on Thursday, calling him the "Prince of Whales" instead of the "Prince of Wales." He later deleted the tweet and sent another one with the correct spelling.
Colbert lampooned the typo on "The Late Show" later that night.
"Prince of Whales, fantastic guy," Colbert said, putting on a Trump voice. "I threatened him with plankton tariffs, OK? I mean, I scared this guy, I got right up in his krill, but he says wonderful things about me like …"
Colbert then started making whale noises to the delight of the audience.
Watch the full clip below:
- Read more:
- Stephen Colbert says his old network stopped him from using his ‘Colbert Report’ character
- Stephen Colbert dares Trump adviser and ‘liar’ Stephen Miller to go on the ‘Late Show’
- Sean Hannity accuses Stephen Colbert of sinking to ‘an all-time low’ with his anti-Trump monologue
- Tom Brady was challenged to a drinking contest by Stephen Colbert and chugged his beer in one gulp
- Alec Baldwin says he’s ‘so done’ playing Trump on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- 103 of Netflix’s notable original TV shows, ranked from worst to best
- These are 9 strict workplace rules Elon Musk makes his Tesla employees follow