- Starbucks’ new Instagrammable Tie-Dye Frappuccino is available for five days starting on Wednesday.
- Previous limited-edition Starbucks frappuccinos have been less appealing in real life than in promotional photos.
- Pictures show just how big the difference between advertising and reality can be.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
On Wednesday, Starbucks launched a limited-edition Tie-Dye Frappuccino.
It tastes like banana candy and will only be available for five days — or until supplies run out.
The Tie-Dye Frappuccino will be the newest addition to Starbucks’ ever-growing (and shrinking) family of Instagammable, limited-edition frappuccinos. Retired members include the Unicorn, Zombie, and Witch’s Brew Frappuccinos.
However, these colorful cups of blended sugar don’t always look the way they do in Starbucks’ advertisements. Sometimes, they don’t even come close.
Launched in April 2017, the color-changing Unicorn Frappuccino promised to be a vibrant, first-of-its-kind drink bursting with intense pink and blue.
But the real drink was just kind of a confused purple mess.
The Zombie Frappuccino was advertised as a spooky green drink with brain-like pink whipped cream on top. It was released in October 2017, just in time for Halloween.
- I ate hot dogs from 5 major chains, and the best was also the cheapest
- If you bought anything from these 12 companies in the last year, your data may have been stolen
- I ate everything at Costco’s food court, and there was one item I’d absolutely never order again