- Ariana Grande and Starbucks posted mysterious twin tweets featuring the cloud emoji on Monday.
- Grande is helping Starbucks launch the new "Cloud Macchiato" this week, according to internal documents from the chain.
- Starbucks is also debuting a playlist featuring Grande and some of her other favorite songs.
Starbucks and Ariana Grande sparked confusion on Monday with mysterious twin tweets.
Both the singer and the coffee chain tweeted a similar combination of emojis around noon ET on Monday. Grande additionally retweeted Starbucks’ tweet.
The tweets sent Grande’s fans into a frenzy on Twitter.
According to internal documents viewed by Business Insider, the collaboration will result in a new drink launching on Tuesday, plus a Starbucks playlist featuring Grande’s music. Starbucks declined to comment when contacted by Business Insider on Monday.
The new drink seems to be the Cloud Macchiato, according to internal Starbucks documents. The espresso-based drink features cold whipped foam and a caramel drizzle. Grande’s love for clouds (and the cloud emoji) is well documented, with the singer launching a Cloud perfume in February.
Additionally, Starbucks stores will soon be featuring a playlist of Ariana Grande songs, as well as some of the singer’s other favorite music. Grande’s playlist will debut in stores on March 9. Starbucks is also launching a new playlist for International Women’s Day on March 8.
- Gap is buying a high-end kid’s fashion line as the company tries to escape its cheap image and spins off Old Navy
- Tie-dye is making a comeback, and experts say it’s thanks to a turbulent political climate
- Logos are the downfall of some of the most iconic preppy clothing brands, analyst says