Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty Images
- Shealah Craighead is the chief White House photographer for President Donald Trump.
- She previously served as the official photographer for first lady Laura Bush during the George W. Bush administration.
- Craighead has a unique and up close view of history in her role.
The role of chief White House photographer has been played by many different people over the past several decades. But Shealah Craighead, who for the past two years has been Trump’s top photographer, is only the second woman to hold the position.
Craighead has a unique background and resume that placed her in one of the most exclusive jobs in Washington.
She grew up in Connecticut.
Cheriss May/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Craighead grew up in Connecticut, where her parents owned a photo lab, introducing her to photography at a very young age.
She worked for first lady Laura Bush.
Shealah Craighead/White House via Getty Images
Craighead was the photographer for first lady Laura Bush during the George W. Bush administration.
She photographed Jenna Bush’s wedding with Henry Hager.
Shealah Craighead/The White House via FilmMagic
As part of her job photographing the first lady during the Bush administration, she also had the opportunity to capture the wedding of the president’s daughter, Jenna Bush, who married Henry Hager in 2008.
- The massive college-admissions scandal is drawing renewed attention to Jared Kushner’s and President Donald Trump’s academic histories
- Nancy Pelosi boots Mike Pence from his office on the House side of the Capitol
- Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s plan to break up Facebook and Google by saying they support her