Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Fenty Beauty; Josiah Kamau/BuzzFoto via Getty Images
- Rihanna and Saudi businessman Hassan Jameel were spotted out on two occasions in August 2019, according to ELLE.
- The two have, according to reports, been quietly dating since 2017 and have kept a very low profile.
- Here’s everything we know about the billionaire businessman reported to be Rihanna’s boyfriend.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rihanna’s love life has been a media obsession for years — which may account for why she’s kept her current relationship so private.
The singer has been dating Saudi billionaire and Toyota heir Hassan Jameel for over two years, according to ELLE. Despite Rihanna’s high celebrity status, the two are rarely, if ever, pictured in public together. But recently, they’ve been spotted out together on two separate outings. That — paired with the news that the singer has, at long last, finally registered a new song called "Private Loving" after a long wait between albums — seems to suggest that things may be getting even more serious between the two.
Business Insider reached out to Jameel’s family-owned company, Abdul Latif Jameel, and to a representative for Rihanna’s company, Fenty, to confirm the status of their relationship. Neither party responded to the request for comment.
Here’s everything we know about Rihanna’s billionaire boyfriend.
Rihanna was first linked to Saudi businessman Hassan Jameel in 2017. The pair was seen kissing and having coffee together during a trip to Spain.
Steve Granitz/Getty Images
The identity of the "mystery man" with Rihanna wasn’t clear at first. But less than a day later, Jameel was identified and the two were officially declared an item.
Despite the media’s immediate interest in their romance, neither the singer nor businessman officially discussed their relationship in the press at first — though Rihanna’s dad did tell reporters that, while he was aware his daughter had a new boyfriend, he had no clue that boyfriend was a billionaire.
Mark Ganzon/Getty Images
"She told me she had a new boyfriend about a month ago, but I didn’t know who he was. I always tell her, ‘Don’t date an entertainer, don’t date an athlete.’ They are busy going this way and that way, they don’t have any quality time, and they’re good looking guys so women fall all over them," the singer’s father told The Sun in 2017.
"He’s going to have to buckle up, she’s a hard-working girl, she’s very independent and ambitious," he added.
Source: Toronto Sun
- Here’s how the Trump family spends their billions, from a $15 million beachfront estate in St. Martin to a $32 million fleet of private helicopters and airplanes
- The 25 best places to buy a vacation home in the US, ranked
- The Rock just married longtime girlfriend Lauren Hashian. Here’s how the highest-paid actor in Hollywood makes and spends his millions.