- Staying in super-luxe hotel suites doesn’t have to be unaffordable.
- Business Insider teamed up with Suiteness, a luxury booking site for hotel suites and connecting rooms, to find out what you can get for less than $500 in 8 popular US cities.
- From a beachfront room with a panoramic view to a super-luxe suite in an iconic Las Vegas hotel, it turns out the options are pretty good.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Staying in a high-end hotel is one of life’s greatest pleasures, thanks to the robes, room service, and the simple fact that you don’t have to clean up after yourself.
Staying in a suite is even better.
Whether you’re travelling with a group of friends, as a family, or you simply need a bit of extra space, booking a suite or two connecting rooms can completely change your hotel experience — and it can be cheaper than you think.
To find out exactly what your money can buy in the most popular cities across the US, Business Insider teamed up with Suiteness, a luxury booking site for hotel suites and connecting rooms, which operates in 2,000 cities around the world.
From a beachfront room with a panoramic view to a super-luxe suite in an iconic Las Vegas hotel, it turns out the options are pretty good.
Here are the most luxurious hotel suites you can get for under $500 a night in Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Orlando, San Diego, and San Francisco, ranked in ascending order by an example price per night.
Note: All rooms on this list have a base room rate of under $500 per night, but prices fluctuate based on the date of your stay. Business Insider ranked the list based on the nightly rate for Sunday, September 1 at the time of writing.
SAN FRANCISCO: King suite at Parc 55 — $312.
Laze around on the king bed or in the separate living area in this "Skyline" suite while you took in the views of Union Square and San Francisco Bay through a bay window.
Base rate: Under $500.
SAN FRANCISCO: Penthouse Suite at Hotel Union Square — $339.
Less than $500 is pretty good going for a penthouse suite, and on some dates, the one at Hotel Union Square goes for even less. It’s just a one-bedroom, but can sleep four people — and it has a private rooftop deck with panoramic San Francisco views to boot.
Base rate: Under $500.
NEW YORK CITY: Queen suite at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia — $339.68.
New York City isn’t a cheap place to stay, but you can book a suite with a queen bed and granite kitchenette (and enjoy complimentary wine and hors d’oeuvres in the hotel’s fireside parlor) for less than $300 at Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia.
Base rate: Under $300.
- A California estate once belonging to former President Richard Nixon is on the market again for over $17 million less than its original price — here’s a look inside the 9-bedroom, 14-bath estate known as the ‘Western White House’
- 7 ways millennials are changing marriage, from signing prenups to staying together longer than past generations
- I stayed in an abandoned grain silo that was transformed into one of the trendiest boutique hotels in the world, and it definitely lived up to the hype