AP Photo/Elise Amendola
- Los Angeles Lakers point guard Rajon Rondo sank a clutch jumper from the elbow to beat the buzzer and lift Los Angeles past his former team, the Boston Celtics, Thursday night.
- Hours prior to the exciting matchup, Rondo hit a similar shot while shooting around with his son at TD Garden.
- Check the videos of the pre-game shot and the actual buzzer beater below:
Rajon Rondo came up clutch against his former team.
The Lakers point guard sank a jumper as time expired to lift Los Angeles past the Boston Celtics in Thursday night’s down-to-the-wire matchup at TD Garden.
With 11.5 seconds remaining, the Lakers pushed up the floor with a chance to win the game. Brandon Ingram powered into the lane and missed a reverse layup with time winding down. Center Tyson Chandler managed to tip the ball back out to Rondo at the elbow, who went straight up with a shot to beat the buzzer.
Fortunately for Los Angeles, the veteran point guard had gotten some practice in before the big moment.
Rondo — who played for the Celtics from 2006 to 2015 — returned to TD Garden and put some shots up with his son hours before the game. During the shootaround, Rondo knocked down a shot similar to his game-winning buzzer beater, and people took notice.
Check out the side-by-side videos below:
- The key to an Anthony Davis trade may be a 20-year-old Celtics player who has the entire saga in limbo
- LeBron James’ second game back with the Lakers, amid swirling trade rumors, was a disaster
- The Pelicans reportedly want the Lakers to keep bidding against themselves for Anthony Davis, and it could lead to an unprecedented haul
Source: Business Insider