- Rebekah Paltrow Neumann cofounded WeWork in 2010 alongside her now-husband Adam Neumann and Miguel McKelvey.
- Paltrow Neumann is the CEO of WeGrow, a private primary school run by the coworking space company, according to the school’s website.
- The couple has a net worth of $4.1 billion, according to Forbes.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rebekah Paltrow Neumann once wanted to be an actress, she told Fast Company. Later, she became a certified yoga instructor.
Instead, she became the Chief Brand and Impact Officer of the We Company, which just filed its S-1.
Paltrow Neumann cofounded the company, originally known by its most famous business, WeWork, alongside her now-husband Adam Neumann and Miguel McKelvey in 2010. She was also an early employee at the first coworking company Adam and McKelvey founded, Greendesk, according to Fast Company.
Ahead of the We Company’s impending IPO, Paltrow Neumann has turned her attention to WeGrow, the private primary school run by the company.
Neumann declined to comment through a WeWork spokesperson.
Keep reading for a look at the life of Rebekah Paltrow Neumann.
Paltrow Neumann is described in the We Company’s S1 as one of the cofounders, and CEO Adam Neumann’s ‘strategic thought partner’
"Rebekah has been a strategic thought partner to Adam since our founding and has actively shaped the mission and strategy of The We Company and its global impact agenda, as well as being the primary voice and leading advocate for the We brand," the filing continues.
"Rebekah has never been paid a salary from us," it claims.
Rebekah Paltrow Neumann, 41, is a graduate of Cornell University.
Paltrow Neumann is a native of Bedford, New York, according to New York Magazine.
Neumann majored in business and also earned a minor in Buddishim, according to her profile on WeGrow’s website.
Paltrow Neumann worked as a trader at investment bank Salomon Smith Barney before coming to WeWork, according to Fast Company.
She has also dabbled in acting, appearing in several films according to her profile on IMDB.
Paltrow Neumann has long had spiritual pursuits — to the point of reportedly attending one of the Dalai Lama’s birthday parties.
Keith Tsuji/Getty Images
Paltrow Neumann has a certification in Jivamukti yoga, according to her profile on WeGrow’s website. She has also spent time traveling around the world to learn yoga, according to WeGrow.
Neumann attended one of the Dalai Lama’s birthday parties while traveling, according to Fast Company.
- 8 of the most elite golf clubs in the New York City area, where the wealthy pay as much as $1 million in joining fees
- The 25 best colleges in the US that are actually worth the cost of tuition
- What life is really like in the ‘best place to live in America,’ where live music and jobs are plentiful but you have to battle daily traffic jams and scorching summers