Taylor Hill/Getty Images
- MacKenzie Bezos is now Amazon‘s second-largest individual shareholder, following her divorce from Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
- With 19.7 million shares, MacKenzie Bezos now holds a 4% stake in Amazon, worth $37 billion.
- She is now the third-wealthiest woman in the world, according to Forbes.
- In their divorce agreement, it was decided that Jeff Bezos would keep 75% of the Amazon holdings co-owned by the couple, and that he would maintain voting control over her stake in the company.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
MacKenzie Bezos also said in April she had signed the Giving Pledge, a promise taken by some of the world’s wealthiest to donate at least half of their assets to charity in their lifetime or will.
Jake Kanter and Paige Leskin contributed to this report.
- Jeff Bezos just sold $1.8 billion worth of Amazon shares — here’s our best guess at why
- Jeff Bezos just cashed in $1.8 billion worth of Amazon shares, in what could be his biggest stock sell-off ever
- Amazon’s home security firm Ring reportedly has partnerships with 200 US police departments and critics say it’s dystopian