- Krispy Kreme is bringing back green doughnuts for St. Patrick’s Day.
- The O’riginal Glazed Doughnut will be available from Friday, March 15 to Sunday, March 17 this year.
- Krispy Kreme is also giving out "golden tickets" that offer customers the chance to win a year of free doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme is bringing back green doughnuts for St. Patrick’s Day.
On Thursday, the doughnut chain announced it will bring back the O’riginal Glazed Doughnut from Friday, March 15 to Sunday, March 17. The O’riginal Glazed Doughnut is a variation on the chain’s classic glazed doughnut that uses specially formulated green dough.
Krispy Kreme is also kicking off a year-long giveaway for free doughnuts.
Customers will receive a "golden ticket" when visiting Krispy Kreme on St. Patrick’s Day weekend. The winning tickets — which will number in the thousands — will grant the holders one dozen free doughnuts per month until St. Patrick’s Day 2020.
"What could be better than a green O’riginal Glazed doughnut? Not much. But free Original Glazed doughnuts for a year might do the trick. Stop by and maybe you’ll end up with both," Dave Skena, Krispy Kreme’s chief marketing officer, said in a statement.
Here’s a video of the green doughnut glazing in action:
- Charlotte Russe is closing all of its stores. We visited the retailer the day it filed it for bankruptcy and saw how it’s fallen behind its fast-fashion rivals.
- ‘Let the disruption continue’: American Eagle exec says the brand is primed to capitalize on the recent wave of store closings
- Chick-fil-A’s fried fish sandwich is returning to menus for Lent