- The Acura TLX A-Spec PMC Edition is a limited-run, hand-built version of the excellent TLX A-Spec sedan.
- For a vehicle of which just 360 will be produced, the Acura TLX A-Spec PMC Edition is a genuine bargain.
- The PMC Edition doesn’t drive any differently than the regular TLX A-Spec, but it has all the features Acura can throw into it, and it’s also available in a stunning "Valencia Red Pearl" paint job.
The 2018 Acura TLX A-Spec was a sleeper hit for Business Insider’s 2017 Car of the Year award. We named the compact sedan from Honda’s luxury brand our runner-up and unidentified it as a viable rival for Audi, BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus, but at a tasty, feature-packed price.
More recently, Acura decided to do a special edition TLX A-Spec, building 360 examples by hand in Ohio, where the company also manufactures its NSX supercar.
These cars get the PMC treatment — "Performance Motoring Center" — but they aren’t way more expensive than the regular A-Specs. But the rare birds do have a standout lineage, and can be painted "Valencia Red Pearl," one of the more gorgeous automotive colors currently available on planet Earth. (The car goes on sale later this year, by the way.)
Acura put car number 000/360 on the floor of the New York auto show for a few weeks, and when the show wrapped, they asked us if we wanted to borrow the vehicle for a few days. We said, "Heck yes!"
The big question was, "Would car 000 be something special?"
Cut to the chase: It was — and it’s still a great bargain!
Read on to find out why.
The 2020 Acura TLX A-Spec PMC Edition arrived in dashing "Valencia Red Pearl" paint job.
The TLX A-Spec was a Business Insider Car of the Year runner-up in 2017.
The Acura TLX Z-Spec PMC Edition is the only other Acura that can share a color scheme with the NSX supercar. Both vehicles are built in Ohio. American made!
- More than half the passengers on board Aeroflot Flight SU1492 died after a fiery emergency landing in Moscow. Here’s how the tragedy unfolded.
- We drove a $40,000 Mazda CX-5 Turbo to see if it’s the perfect compact SUV. Here’s the verdict.
- What it was like to own and drive a ‘no-tech’ car