- London’s Lost Property Office opened in 1934.
- The office received over 340,000 lost items in 2017 and 2018.
- Office manager, Paul Cowan, showed us around and explained the meticulous and well-organized system they use to store all these items.
Have you ever used public transport in London and lost an umbrella, mobile phone, or a bag? Well, if you have then there is a good chance that it may have ended up in the capitals Lost Property Office.
The office in Baker Street is home to thousands of lost items that have been left across TfL networks, which includes the Underground, buses and the Docklands Light Railway.
Office manager, Paul Cowan, showed us around and explained the meticulous and well-organized system they use to store all these items. Paul also shares with us some of the weirdest things he has seen come through the office and how you can reclaim any lost items you think you may have misplaced.
- Take a look inside the ‘Scarlet Lady,’ Virgin’s first adults-only cruise ship sailing to the Caribbean in 2020
- Why Tesla’s Model X was the first SUV to receive a perfect crash-test rating
- Everything you need to know about Tesla’s new Roadster